- Wish Granters must be 18 years of age or older
- Complete a Volunteer Application (see below for submission instructions) and submit it via email, fax or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once your application is received, our Volunteer Manager will contact you regarding next steps and more information.
- Complete an online National Background check. The background check, completed entirely online, cost $24.19 and we request that each volunteer covers his/her own cost.
- Complete a New Volunteer Online Orientation
- Agree to abide by Make-A-Wish® policies and guidelines
- Sign a Conflict of Interest statement
- Have an interview with a Make-A-Wish staff member
- Sign up for at least one wish annually
- Attend additional training as required for assigned volunteer opportunities and annual renewal of volunteer status
How do I apply?
To become a volunteer, please submit a volunteer application to our Community & Volunteer Engagement Coordinator via email: email@example.com or mail to our Oklahoma City Office, 1900 NW Expressway, Suite 700, OKC, 73118. Please be as specific as possible about the role/s you are interested in, any talents/skills as well as contact information and references.
In order to provide wish children and their families with the best experience possible, we require all potential volunteers to go through an approval process before becoming an active Make-A-Wish volunteer. Before applying, please carefully consider whether you can commit to working on behalf of Make-A-Wish. To begin the process of becoming a volunteer, please download our application.