When wish kids are granted a wish, they get more than just a great experience for a day, two days, or a week. That experience improves the quality of life for them and their entire family.
Health professionals treating them say the wish experience is an important adjunct to medical treatment, and they observe their patients feel better and comply more readily with treatment protocols when they experience their wish come true. And the community volunteers who grant wishes say the wish granting process heightens both their ability to see the best in others, and their commitment to actively help more people in need.
Improved Health Status
- Health professionals who treat wish kids, including nurses and doctors, overwhelmingly believe that the wish experience can improve a wish kids’ physical health.
- Most health professionals say a wish come true has the potential to be a positive turning point in the child’s battle for health.
- Parents and volunteers observe that a wish come true makes kids feel stronger and more energetic.
- Wish kids are more willing to comply with difficult, but vital, treatment regimens.
- Parents and medical professionals alike describe the wish experience as a frequent turning point in wish kids’ battles for health.
A combined 89 percent of doctors, nurses and health professionals surveyed say they believe a wish experience can influence wish kids' physical health.*