Make-A-Wish® Oklahoma coordinates a program called Kids For Wish Kids® that allows students to sponsor wishes for children with life-threatening medical conditions. Kids For Wish Kids® is an extremely popular program for students because the students manage it. They are responsible for forming the committee, coming up with fundraising ideas, and carrying them out. Teachers and parents often serve as advisors, but ownership of the group belongs solely to the kids involved.
Kids For Wish Kids® program objectives:
- Increase awareness among children and teenagers about the mission of Make-A-Wish® Oklahoma
- Encourage young people to become actively involved in fulfilling wishes through Make-A-Wish® Oklahoma
- Foster the value of community service, using this program as a hands-on learning experience for children
- Create school spirit and help students learn how to work together for a common goal
- Organize a holiday party, a dance, a bowl-a-thon or walk-a-thon
- Organize a bake sale or a car wash
- Sell Make-A-Wish® Holiday Cards
You can try one of these ideas or devise a project on your own!
Putting the “fun” in fundraising, Kids for Wish Kids offers youngsters a unique opportunity to raise money for some very special children - Make-A-Wish kids. Kids for Wish Kids is an educational program that enables students to work together and develop leadership skills while raising money for a great cause. With the assistance of parents, teachers, and community leaders Kids for Wish Kids provides students and young people the opportunity to be creative and manage their own fundraiser from start to finish.
If you want to join in the fun and raise money to help grant wishes, please contact:
Erin Howard at 405-286-4000