In addition to full-time Make-A-Wish® staff, our chapter benefits from the time, talents, and resources of volunteer community leaders responsible for strategic governance oversight, fundraising support, and advisory services that help ensure that we are operating as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Our chapter relies on the support of companies and individuals in the communities we serve, so these individuals also ensure that Make-A-Wish remains connected to and active in business and civic arenas throughout our territory.
The Make-A-Wish® Oklahoma Board of Directors assumes a varied set of duties and responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
- Setting strategic governance priorities and monitoring chapter performance benchmarks
- Local policy setting
- Selection and evaluation of new board members and the chief executive
- Approving and monitoring budgets
- Fundraising support and fiscal stewardship
- Legal oversight
- Other duties as needed or established by the board